Buongiorno!!! L’Antico Forziere, Restaurant and Country House Hotel, is a XVII° century farmhouse regarded locally as an important piece of rural history. It is situated in Umbria, the green heart of Italy, near Deruta, the town world-famous for ceramic art, and very close to Assisi, Perugia, Todi and Spoleto.
The Rodella family warmly welcomes guests into this ancient building where huge beams, brick arches and wonderful views all lend a special atmosphere.
Country Inn has two suites, each with its own entrance onto the garden, and seven rooms furnished with care so that comfort and tradition blend perfectly.
The restaurant offers a blend of traditional and creative cooking resulting in mouth-watering dishes that complement perfectly the atmospheric dining room or the summer terrace for lunch or for dinner by candlelight.
Garden with its flowers and scents and the picturesque swimming pool overlook the wide Tiber River valley.
Website URL: http://www.anticoforziere.it/en/
L'Antico Forziere near Deruta is a country house and restaurant converted from a medieval farmhouse.
It is everything you would want from rural accommodation in Umbria with its sturdy wooden beams, large fireplaces, wide stony arches and rich, green garden and has appeared in Italy's finest Home, Garden and Culinary magazines such as “Case & Country”, “Viaggi e sapori”, “Salute e Beauty”, “Bell'Italia”, “Sale & pepe” and “Voyages”.
The L'Antico Forziere is located in Deruta, the Umbria town famous worldwide for its art ceramics.
Deruta is also an ideal base from where to discover Assisi, Perugia, Todi and Spoleto and the rest of the Valle Umbra, in particular the Strada del Sagrantino where you can taste and purchase the Sagrantino and Rosso di Montefalco wines.
Its strategic position allows you to reach all the most important towns of the region very quickly - Assisi (15 min), Spello (15 min), Perugia (10 min) & Todi (15 min).
For Umbria food fans, the restaurant of the Country House L'Antico Forziere near Deruta is located in a strategic position for exploring Perugia and its chocolate festival, Torgiano and Lungarotti estate, wine and olive oil museum, as well as Montefalco and its famous Sagrantino wine.
Chefs Stefano and Andrea Rodella have created a menu combining creative culinary art and local tradition all supported by a selection of the most important of Italy's wines.
Both attended the hotel institute of Castelfranco Veneto, Treviso, following this up with working stints in important Italian and European cooking establishiments.
Some of their original recipes have been published in such magazines as 'Viaggi e Sapori', 'Bell'Italia', 'Sale & Pepe' & 'Voyages'.
Rest assured that the restaurant uses Umbrian olive oil of the highest quality.
In fact, it is produced following the old traditions in local olive presses near Spoleto and Spello which can be visited upon reservation.
As well as offering a location for a fully catered private wedding reception or family event, the 3 suites and 6 double rooms can also provide accommodation for your stay in Umbria.
You can also exclusively book the covered summer terrace which can seat 200 guests and the dining room with its huge beams and brick arches.
The cuisine offered by the Rodella chefs is a mix of traditional and creative Umbria cooking.
The latest seasonal menus from the restaurant of L'Antico Forziere near Deruta.
• Camembert cheese with fried artichoke and pesto of chicory salad and walnuts € 9,00
• Crispy ravioli with lamb and potatoes on shredded carrots and goat cheese sauce with pink pepper € 9,00
• Sherry perfumed quail with braised radicchio and endive € 9,00
• Shredded “Tropea” onions braised with Chardonnay wine and served with roast potatoes € 9,00
• Rabbit and pistachio fritter with tomato flan and wild fennel ricotta mousse € 9,00
• Basil perfumed lobster served with celery and potatoes in mayonnaise € 10,00
• Noodles with duck artichokes and shredded vegetables € 9,00
• “Frange”pasta made with red beets served with leek and poppy-seeds € 8,50
• Umbrian legume soup € 8,50
• Potato, mascarpone cheese and bacon ravioli served with red olives pesto and stewed tomato € 10,00
• ”Conchiglie”pasta with pork cracklings and hot pepper perfumed broccoli € 9,00
• Chive flavored beer risotto with brie cheese and 30 months aged Parmigiano € 12,00
• Basil flavored spaghetti served with prawn carbonara, mullet roe and crispy eggplants € 14,00
• Herbs covered loin of lamb with roast potato and peppers caponata € 18,00
• Fillet of Angus beef with fright vegetables and rosemary poatoes au gratin with parmigiano € 19,00
• Bacon surrounded pork fillet with sliced almonds, thyme sauce and carrot purée € 17,00
• Veal sirloin in sesame crust with sagrantino sauce served with potato and artichoke cake € 18,00
• Tasting of meats and salts of the world € 40,00 [ Canadian Bison, New Zealand Deer, Argentine Beef, New Zealand Lamb, Italian piglet ] ( gr 650 )
• Dill perfumed salmon with braised artichoke and mashed potatoes € 20,00
• National cheese selection served with honey and candied fruits € 14,00
• Créme caramel with hazelnut biscuits and caramelized orange € 7,50
• Chocolate crêpes with cinnamon cream inside served with vanilla perfumed pears and pistachio ice cream € 7,50
• Tiramisù with caramel bananas € 7,50
• Upside-down apple cake with vanilla and moscato sweet wine ice cream € 7,50
• Gran Dessert € 15,00 ( Fruit mousse, orange cream soufflé, hazelnut and marmelate tart, vanilla mousse, pistachio and vanilla cream cake )
Selected special offers for stays in the L'Antico Forziere near Deruta.
SPRING IN UMBRIA
Double room rate will be € 80,00 per room (€40,00 per person) per day in bb instead € 90,00 and includes buffet breakfast, free WI-FI, service and taxes.
* Offer is valid from 02/04/13 to 20/04/13 and from 02/05/2013 to 08/06/13 for reservations made 10 days before the arriving and for minimum stay of 3 nights;
* Offer is subject to availability, it is on bed & breakfast basis and it can't be combined with other special offers or promotions;
* Rate is not commissionable and is valid only for direct reservations. * Offer is not valid for high season periods.
Check the availability by e-mail and on your request specify *SPRING SPECIAL OFFER*
Contact L'Antico Forziere
Via della Rocca 2, Casalina
06051 Deruta, Perugia
Tel. +39 075 9724314
Fax +39 075 9729392
what is really truly special and impressive about this place is the incredible hospitality and friendliness of the family that run L'Antico Forziere, and of extra special note is the most amazing italian cuisine