This all-inclusive day trip from Rome to the medieval town of Orvieto, Umbria is run by Walks of Italy.
With its cobblestoned streets, Etruscan history, spectacular views, excellent food and majestic art, the small town of Orvieto couldn't be a more fascinating day trip from the Eternal City.
Even Michelangelo was inspired here!
You will experience:
• Cable car ride into the hilltop town
• Famous Duomo and the magnificent Chapel of San Brizio
• Tour of Orvieto's underground, exploring hidden 3,000-year-old caves and caverns
• Pozzo di San Patrizio (St. Patrick’s Well)
• Church of San Domenico
• Stroll through medieval streets
• Authentic Umbrian lunch at a traditional restaurant
• Climb of the Torre del Moro for a spectacular view of the town and countryside
• Church of San Andrea and Bartolomeo
• Complimentary Vin Santo dessert wine and cantucci biscuits