This short vacation break in Le Marche features truffle hunting, a cooking lesson based on truffles, wine tasting and guided excursions.
The package has been put together by Le Marche Holiday based near Ascoli Piceno and is spread over 4 days and 3 nights..
It is an ideal weekend break where you will also enjoy lunch in local trattorie, learn how to make hand-made pasta and even visit a traditional potter.
The fun starts with a welcome aperitif and dinner at the restaurant of your accommodation.
TRUFFLE AND TRADITIONS TOUR
DAY 1 - ARRIVAL AND WELCOME DINNER
Transfer from local bus station (Porto San Giorgio) to the estate. After check-in unwind in the grounds with a welcome aperitivo and welcome dinner inc. wine.
DAY 2 - VISIT MONTOTTONE AND THE ARTISANS
After breakfast, guided excursion of the village of Montottone to visit the zone's many gifted artisans and a traditional potter who makes all his products by hand.
Lunch in local trattoria, followed by visit to village of Servigliano. Relax with a coffee or artisan gelato. Return to accommodation in afternoon with dinner at leisure.
DAY 3 - TRUFFLE HUNTING AND COOKING CLASS
After breakfast, set off for a unique hike through nearby wood to participate in a Truffle Hunt with faithful sniffer dogs.
Hands-on cooking class after with freshly found truffles as main ingredients. Learn how to make handmade pasta Marchigiana-style and enjoy with precious shavings of truffle and more.
You will also be treated to a wine tasting featuring wine from Fiorano, the local winery. Return to accommodation in afternoon with dinner at leisure.
DAY 4 - DEPARTURE
After breakfast, check-out and arrivederci! Transfer to local bus station (Porto San Giorgio).
DETAILS AND COST
€600 per person based on double occupancy and includes:
• 4 days and 3 nights accommodation, based on double occupancy
• Daily Breakfast
• Welcome aperitivo and dinner, local wine included
• Truffle Hunt with local expert and his dog
• A hands-on cooking class, featuring local truffles.
• Lunch follows using the foods made during class. Wine tasting included
• Guided excursion to village of Montottone, including visit to local potter's workshop
• Lunch in trattoria in Montottone, local wine included
• Visit to village of Servigliano
• Arrival & departure transfers from Porto San Giorgio bus station
Full breakdown of the Truffle and Traditions Tour