This day trip to the Sassi of Matera in Basilicata really is a full day, as it combines two nights in a family run hotel in the center of Gioia del Colle where Experience Puglia is based.
Day Tour to Matera with Wine Tasting
Matera Day Tour Summary
Once you have met your guide and settled into your accommodation your adventure starts the same evening with dinner in a typical restaurant enjoying local food.
Morning sees a quick tour of the historical centre including the castle and museum before a visit to a wine cellar and wine tasting in the vineyards on your way to Matera.
Lunch is picnic in Spring and Summer, or in a restaurant, followed by an afternoon dedicated to the majestic Sassi of Matera. Evening is free to go shopping and/or take a pizza.
Your stay ends the following morning after breakfast with transfer to the airport.
PRICE: €260 per person based on double occupancy.
Group discounts of 4 adults or more are available and includes:
• collection from/to Bari-Palese airport or from station
• welcome drink
• dinner at the restaurant ( first evening )
• 2 nights accomodation
• daily breakfasts
• guided Tour
• visit of the towns as indicated on the itinerary
• entry to the castle
• entry to the museum
• visit of the wine cellar
• wine guide
• wines tasting
• transport to each locations
• opportunity to buy wines at vineyard prices
• a bottle of water for the tour
• route map
• hotel taxes and service charges, tips to private guide and driver, departure taxes
Download below the Experience Puglia flyer