OZU stands for Officina Zone Umane and is a non profit association based near the small village of Monteleone Sabino in the heart of the Sabine Hills territory.
Founded in 2005, this residential cultural and arts centre is the location for the development of creative ideas, exchange and innovative activities from a range of disciplines.
The centre used to be a local sweet factory, but has been colorfully converted to include facilities such as a photography studio, art studio for pottery, sculpture etc, editing room, internet point and exhibition space.
Throughout the year workshops and events are offered and anyone can participate.
• Into the roots - Learning and experiencing healthy and hearty food. A hands-on one week course that weaves together ancient philosophy and profound conversations, with foraging hikes and cooking classes. With Dr. Uri Mayer-Chissick. 26 May - 2 June 2013
• Milòn Mèla Sources Research - An immersion in the living interpretation of Indian sacred epic poems. With Abani Biswas and Milon Mela group. July 2013
• Spazi di vita - An improvisation & choreographic composition workshop with DysoundBo - Linda magnifico (dance) & Sasha Shlain (live music). 26 July - 4 August 2013
• Sagra delle Words - A residential creative writing course which aims to challenge, inspire and transform your writing. With Sheree Mack. 13 - 20 October 2013
• Paesaggi Interiori - Short course of creative photography. With Enrico Blasi
Anyone who has been to the Sabine Hills will know that this wonderfully green zone of Lazio favours the culitvation of olives and extra virgin olive oil.
So look out for the annual olive picking weekends offered by the association during November.